Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Game Design Post Mortem

     My group, The Corner Crew had the game mechanic conflicts/obstacles. To re-create the game uno, we added a +3 and a +5 card, a shuffle card, a new rule to calling out, "Uno!", and an all or nothing rule. After getting our feedback, I believe we did a great job on our presentation. Although there were good things, there were also things that went wrong. There is always room for improvement.
     My team and I did some things very well. Each person on my team had something to say about our newly designed uno game. A group described our new game as, "more interesting", and that, "they had a very effective way of adding different conflicts in the game". On the feedback forms, we only got agrees and strongly agrees. I thought that this feedback was very nice and positive. I am glad that our game was simple enough for people to understand and want to play.
     During our presentation, we did not have many things go wrong. One of the biggest things that did not go right is that our slideshow would not open. This was not our fault because the internet was not working properly, but it was still something that could of been fixed.
     There were a few things that we could improve in. One thing that we could do next time is have a backup plan just incase our slideshow decides that it would not like to fail again. Another thing we could do next time is actually make props to use. We only described the cards we were adding, but next time I believe we should actually make these new cards. It is not a whole lot, but I believe it will make the presentation more interesting.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment